You may be hearing many hair care brands yelling from the housetops about their ‘sulfate-free’ and ‘paraben-free’ hair care products. You may not take them seriously, but the buzz is of course for the right reasons. Most of the commercial shampoos contain sulfate as a foaming agent that creates lather in your shampoos. But they are harmful to your hair and skin as well. Nowadays, a lot of women are moving towards healthier alternatives that are sulfate-free. These Sulphate free shampoo brands cleanse the hair without stripping the natural oils from it. Further, if you are using the same commercial shampoo containing sulfates for your daily hair care, you are doing a huge mistake. And it’s time you say goodbye to your sulfate infused shampoos.
How do sulfates damage your hair?
Sulfates are not good for your hair at all. They can shred the natural lubricants from your scalp. As a result, the sebaceous glands on the scalp become overactive and increases the dryness of the scalp. This, in turn, impacts the health of the hair fibers negatively and makes them more prone to breakage. Because of which you experience more hair loss. Besides, some studies show that sulfates are linked with cancer.
Top 10 Sulfate-free Shampoos in India
This Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo is a regular sulfate-free shampoo. It’s made using excellent natural ingredients that support hair development as well as nourish the hair. Besides, it reinforces the hair from the roots and controls hair breakage.
- Helps remove dirt, impurities, and excess oil present in the hair
- Works wonders on the oily scalp
- Contains 100% natural concentrates of apple cider vinegar
- Invigorates hair advancement by unblocking the scalp openings
This Himalaya herbals anti-hair fall product is a breakthrough two in one formula that nourishes your hair and keep them silky smooth. It contains the juice of bhringaraj, which reduces hair fall by conditioning the strands well.
- It strengthens the hair fibers and protects them from the harmful effects of parabens
- Improves the hair texture best
- The presence of key components like resin from the flame of the forest plant nourishes and revitalizes the hair to promote its growth
- Cleanses the hair without weighing it down
Mamaearth products are trending in the beauty market today. This Mamaearth happy heads is the best chemical free shampoo in India made with recuperating natural components like bhringaraj, amla, biotin, and other major proteins.
- This serves as an exceptional detangling shampoo for your hair
- It feeds your hair from roots to tips and even helps reducing hair fall
- Helps recover the lost quality of the hair
- It is best entertained for all hair types
This StBotanica volumizing shampoo works best on both thin as well as frail hair. It is made with the goodness of biotin and collagen which are best at making your hair thick and strong.
- The shampoo is a brilliant choice for people with thin and oily hair
- Equally, the mixture of provitamin B7 biotin and collagen gives each strand of your hair a lovely lift
- It imparts you a thick hair texture, making them soft and shiny
- With regular and continuous utilization your hair strands look stronger and full
Giovanni Organic Root66 Max Volume Shampoo is a 100% vegetarian cruelty-free product, specially designed to bridge the gap between natural and salon hair quality. The shampoo is infused with natural ingredients like kiwi, aloe vera leaf, papaya, mango, soy protein, and many rich components to strengthen fragile hair.
- Contains no artificial colors, sulfates, parabens, formaldehyde, or PEG components
- The shampoo is enriched with bundles of healing extracts which uplifts your lifeless hair and adds a shine to them.
- Strengthens thin and fragile hair
- Cleanses it well and adds a weightless bounce
This SoulTree Licorice shampoo is an ayurvedic, organic formula that doesn’t include any harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabens, silicones, mineral oil, phthalates, or any synthetic fragrance.
- It’s a moisturizing hair cleanser that repairs your dull and damaged hair
- The presence of Ayurvedic blends like licorice, henna, bhringaraj, and shikakai nourishes the scalp and revitalizes the hair texture
- Averts hair wreckage and strengthens it from the roots
- Also, stops premature greying of the hair
This Bio green apple fresh is the best sulfate free shampoo India containing 100% pure botanical extracts. It is paraben free and you can use it daily to lather your hair. Enriched with the goodness of green apple extract, centella, sea algae and other essential minerals. Other components of this shampoo and conditioner combo include shikakai, aloe vera, pure Himalayan water, coconut oil, and much more.
- The product adds a voluminous shine to the hair by conditioning them well
- Maintains the pH level of the hair
- Good for oily hair scalp
- Help reduce hair fall and subsequently nourishes the hair shafts
This is an amazing solution for dandruff as well as other hair related trouble. It’s basically an Ayurvedic shampoo with a mix of herbal ingredients and is free of harmful chemicals, sulfates, and parabens.
- Works as a comprehensive hair and scalp tonic
- Repairs hair damage as well as improve scalp health
- The presence of lemon extract in this shampoo removes the excess oil, dirt, and dead cells present on your scalp
- Adds luster and bounce to your hair. Equally stimulates the hair growth
Nobody wants an itchy or irritated scalp, but it’s a problem that most people suffer. So, why don’t you invest in Vichy Derco ultra-soothing sulfate-free shampoo? It’s clinically proven to give efficient results after the first wash itself.
- It’s a sulfate and paraben free formula that’s hypoallergenic too
- Works best on dry scalp
- Also, it’s a nourishing shampoo that cleanses hair and invigorates the scalp
- Dermatologically tested and cruelty-free product
This Moroccanoil extra volume shampoo is a paraben-free formula that works best on hair damaged by color or excessive heat styling. It includes the goodness of reparative keratin as well as anti-oxidant rich argan oil.
- This is a light-weight formula that provides good moisture to your hair
- Naturally plumps your hair by conditioning them deeply
- Claims to reduce hair fall by 99%
- Fortifies the hair and blocks them from breakage
How to use these paraben-free shampoos?
Apply these shampoos on the wet hair and scalp. Then gently massage them and leave them for 1-2 minutes. If you want a leathery texture, add more water to activate a rich lather from the concentrated formula. Finally, rinse thoroughly until all the remanent of the shampoo clears off.
Your hair is a precious element of your body. Never let them get exposed to any harsh chemicals or paraben products. So, if you really want to protect your hair, switch to the above-mentioned chemical-free shampoos that are made of 100% natural components. Use it and see the variation it makes to your hair. You will be astonished!